TDP hails SC order on negative voting
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party on Friday welcomed the Supreme Court direction to the Election Commission of India that voters be granted the "right to reject" candidates in elections.
"We welcome the Supreme Court`s verdict, which will go a long way in ushering in electoral reforms. The TDP has been seeking many such electoral reforms for a long time now," its president N Chandrababu Naidu said in a statement.
The Supreme Court`s directive, if implemented, would increase transparency in the electoral process, he said.
"Along with this, voters should also be given a printout of their vote cast in EVMs so that they can know if their vote is cast for the right candidate," Chandrababu added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi