TDP hails SC`s ruling on plea against Chandrababu
Hyderabad: There was jubilation in TDP office here on Monday afternoon after the Supreme Court struck down a petition filed by YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijaya seeking a probe by CBI and other central agencies in the assets of former Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
Party leaders and workers offered sweets to Chandrababu at the NTR Bhavan soon after Supreme Court justices T S Thakur and Ibrahim Kalifulla dismissed Vijaya`s plea and upheld the AP High Court`s order in the matter.
"It`s a triumph of justice and we are all very happy about it," TDP spokesman Aravind Kumar Goud noted, hailing the apex court verdict.
The YSR Congress was insulting courts by filing such frivolous petitions, he alleged.
The `public interest litigation` filed by Vijaya was clearly an effort to sling mud on her political opponents and, at the same time, cover their (YSR and Jagan) guilt, Goud said.
The Supreme Court verdict came as a big relief for TDP in general and Chandrababu Naidu in particular who had maintained that those who did nothing wrong would not face any problem. "I have done no wrong...No one can do anything to me. The court verdict re-established this," the TDP president remarked.
Former Union Minister K Yerran Naidu said the apex court judgement was a slap on the face of those who sought to gain political mileage by filing false petitions against their opponents.
He recalled that the late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy instituted several inquiries against Chandrababu but could not establish any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'