TDP holds bicycle rally to protest petrol price hike
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N
Chandrababu Naidu today led his party workers in a bicycle
rally here in protest against the hike in petrol prices even
as the Opposition party organised massive protests across
Andhra Pradesh on the issue.
Chandrababu reached Monda wholesale vegetable market at
Secunderabad this morning and enquired about prices of
commodities from traders and consumers.
"Essential commodities have become out of reach of common
people because of the abnormal spurt in prices. The hike in
petrol price has only fuelled further rise in the prices of
all commodities," Chandrababu said.
Blaming the Central and the State governments for failing
to control inflation, the TDP chief vowed to continue the
fight till prices were reined in.
From Monda market, the Leader of Opposition began the
cycle rally and stopped at a petrol filling station en route.
He asked vehicle-users about the impact of the petro price
Chandrababu donned the role of a petrol station employee
and filled fuel in a couple of vehicles. After driving an
autorickshaw for a few meters, he again rode the bicycle via
Rashtrapati Road and DBR Mills to reach Indira Park where the
TDP had organised a massive dharna protesting the price rise.
TDP cadres organised similar protests in all the Assembly
constituencies in the State demanding that the government
immediately reduce the petrol price and also take effective
steps to bring down prices of essential commodities.
Meanwhile, former MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy launched his
`Jana Deeksha` on Ramakrishna beach in Visakhapatnam
protesting the hike in petrol price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!