TDP holds bicycle rally to protest petrol price hike
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N
Chandrababu Naidu today led his party workers in a bicycle
rally here in protest against the hike in petrol prices even
as the Opposition party organised massive protests across
Andhra Pradesh on the issue.
Chandrababu reached Monda wholesale vegetable market at
Secunderabad this morning and enquired about prices of
commodities from traders and consumers.
"Essential commodities have become out of reach of common
people because of the abnormal spurt in prices. The hike in
petrol price has only fuelled further rise in the prices of
all commodities," Chandrababu said.
Blaming the Central and the State governments for failing
to control inflation, the TDP chief vowed to continue the
fight till prices were reined in.
From Monda market, the Leader of Opposition began the
cycle rally and stopped at a petrol filling station en route.
He asked vehicle-users about the impact of the petro price
Chandrababu donned the role of a petrol station employee
and filled fuel in a couple of vehicles. After driving an
autorickshaw for a few meters, he again rode the bicycle via
Rashtrapati Road and DBR Mills to reach Indira Park where the
TDP had organised a massive dharna protesting the price rise.
TDP cadres organised similar protests in all the Assembly
constituencies in the State demanding that the government
immediately reduce the petrol price and also take effective
steps to bring down prices of essential commodities.
Meanwhile, former MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy launched his
`Jana Deeksha` on Ramakrishna beach in Visakhapatnam
protesting the hike in petrol price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal