TDP leader Yerran Naidu cremated
Srikakulam: Former Union minister and senior TDP leader Kinjarapu Yerran Naidu, who died in a road accident, was cremated with state honours at his native Nimmada village in north coastal Andhra district on Saturday morning.
Telugu Desam chief N Chandrababu Naidu led scores of party leaders, workers and admirers in the funeral procession after which a gun salute was given by the police.
Srikakulam district Collector Saurabh Gaur placed a wreath on Yerran`s body on behalf of the government.
Yerran Naidu`s son Rammohan lit the pyre set in the family`s agriculture field.
Chandrababu, who was accompanied by his son Lokesh, was in tears as he bid final adieu to his closest aide.
Thousands of people from Srikakulam and neighbouring Vizianagaram district thronged Nimmada and paid homage to the departed leader, who had represented them in AP Legislative Assembly and Lok Sabha for four terms each.
State Civil Supplies Minister D Sridhar Babu, MP Madhu Yashki, MLAs Nagam Janardhan Reddy and S Venugopalachari were among those who paid homage to Yerran Naidu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre