TDP leader Yerran Naidu dies in road accident
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party`s senior leader and former central minister K Yerran Naidu died in a road accident in Andhra Pradesh`s Srikakulam district early on Friday. He was 55.
The mishap took place when a car, in which he was travelling, hit an oil tanker from behind near Ranasthalam in Srikakulam district in north coastal Andhra Pradesh, about 700 km from Hyderabad, around 2 am.
Naidu, a politburo member of TDP, was returning to Srikakulam from Visakhapatnam, after attending a marriage when the accident occurred.
A profusely bleeding Naidu was shifted to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), where the doctors` efforts to resuscitate him failed. He was declared dead around 3.30 am.
Four others travelling with Naidu were also injured. Two of them were admitted to RIMS.
Yerran Naidu, a four-time MP who served as Union Minister for Rural Development from 1996 to 1998, is survived by wife, a son and a daughter. The last rites will be performed at his native village Nimmada in Srikakulam district on Friday.
- UN chief appeals for re-launch of Syria ceasefire
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon