TDP leader Yerran Naidu dies in road accident
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party`s senior leader and former central minister K Yerran Naidu died in a road accident in Andhra Pradesh`s Srikakulam district early on Friday. He was 55.
The mishap took place when a car, in which he was travelling, hit an oil tanker from behind near Ranasthalam in Srikakulam district in north coastal Andhra Pradesh, about 700 km from Hyderabad, around 2 am.
Naidu, a politburo member of TDP, was returning to Srikakulam from Visakhapatnam, after attending a marriage when the accident occurred.
A profusely bleeding Naidu was shifted to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), where the doctors` efforts to resuscitate him failed. He was declared dead around 3.30 am.
Four others travelling with Naidu were also injured. Two of them were admitted to RIMS.
Yerran Naidu, a four-time MP who served as Union Minister for Rural Development from 1996 to 1998, is survived by wife, a son and a daughter. The last rites will be performed at his native village Nimmada in Srikakulam district on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room