TDP leader`s son wanted for attempt to murder in Andhra
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Police Wednesday launched a manhunt for Paritala Sriram, son of a opposition Telugu Desam Party legislator, in a case relating to conspiracy to murder a Congress leader.
Police in Anantapur town searched the house of Paritala Sunita, a TDP legislator and widow of slain former minister Paritala Ravi, in the early hours of Wednesday.
Police parties also fanned out in various parts of Anantapur district, notorious for faction killings, looking for Sriram.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Nawaz Khan said the searches were also on at the residences of Sriram`s friends. He said all airports were alerted to prevent him from fleeing the country.
Dharmavaram police Tuesday booked Sriram on charges of attempt to murder Congress leader K. Sudhakar Reddy. The case was registered after three accused named him during the investigation.
Police foiled the murder attempt Saturday with the arrest of the three accused, while 10 others escaped. The gang armed with sickles and a gun, was hiding at Kunathutu to attack Sudhakar Reddy, an accused in the murder of three people in 2011.
Anantapur district is notorious for killings between factions supported by political parties. The region has a long history of revenge killings.
Paritala Ravi, considered a war lord and involved in several criminal cases, was gunned down by the gang of his rival Suryanarayana Reddy alias Maddelachervu Suri at Anantapur in 2005.
Suri was shot dead by his aide in Hyderabad in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read