TDP leaders threaten Andhra CM for police excesses
Hyderabad: Telangana leaders of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) on Monday threatened to attack the residence of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy if students of Osmania University were harmed by the police.
TDP Telangana forum convener E Dayakar Rao told reporters at Karimnagar that police were committing excesses on students to prevent them from taking up indefinite fast for a separate Telangana state.
TDP legislators, who submitted their resignations to demand a separate state, are currently touring the Telangana districts to mobilise support for the agitation.
Dayakar Rao said, if necessary, they would take their "bus yatra" to Osmania University campus to stand by the fasting students.
He alleged that large-scale arrests and excesses remind of Emergency. The TDP leader demanded that the Central paramilitary forces from Osmania University and other parts of the region be immediately withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video