TDP leaders threaten Andhra CM for police excesses
Hyderabad: Telangana leaders of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) on Monday threatened to attack the residence of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy if students of Osmania University were harmed by the police.
TDP Telangana forum convener E Dayakar Rao told reporters at Karimnagar that police were committing excesses on students to prevent them from taking up indefinite fast for a separate Telangana state.
TDP legislators, who submitted their resignations to demand a separate state, are currently touring the Telangana districts to mobilise support for the agitation.
Dayakar Rao said, if necessary, they would take their "bus yatra" to Osmania University campus to stand by the fasting students.
He alleged that large-scale arrests and excesses remind of Emergency. The TDP leader demanded that the Central paramilitary forces from Osmania University and other parts of the region be immediately withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion