TDP MLA begins indefinite fast in Kadapa against bifurcation
Kadapa : Two TDP leaders, including an MLA from Proddatur Assembly constituency, here launched an indefinite fast today opposing the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Telugu Desam Party district president and MLA Linga Reddy began his stir at the District Collectorate here along with Balakrishna Yadav, the TDP in-charge of Mydupur constituency, in favour of a unified Andhra.
However, Reddy`s wife Laxmi Prassana, who was scheduled to sit on fast with her husband dropped the plan last minute.
Former Kadapa MP Y S Vivekananda Reddy along with a number of supporters from TDP and Joint Action Committee were present at the fast camp to extend solidarity to the MLA, who is a presidium member of Kadapa District JAC.
Meanwhile, all employees in Kadapa except District Collector officers in the IAS, IFS and police department have decided to join the ongoing agitation opposing the state bifurcation, under the chairmanship of District Revenue Officer Eswaraiah.
So far, RTC workers, APNGOs, Judicial and revenue staff along with teachers are participating in the strike, which has paralysed normal life here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends