TDP MLA begins indefinite fast in Kadapa against bifurcation
Kadapa : Two TDP leaders, including an MLA from Proddatur Assembly constituency, here launched an indefinite fast today opposing the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Telugu Desam Party district president and MLA Linga Reddy began his stir at the District Collectorate here along with Balakrishna Yadav, the TDP in-charge of Mydupur constituency, in favour of a unified Andhra.
However, Reddy`s wife Laxmi Prassana, who was scheduled to sit on fast with her husband dropped the plan last minute.
Former Kadapa MP Y S Vivekananda Reddy along with a number of supporters from TDP and Joint Action Committee were present at the fast camp to extend solidarity to the MLA, who is a presidium member of Kadapa District JAC.
Meanwhile, all employees in Kadapa except District Collector officers in the IAS, IFS and police department have decided to join the ongoing agitation opposing the state bifurcation, under the chairmanship of District Revenue Officer Eswaraiah.
So far, RTC workers, APNGOs, Judicial and revenue staff along with teachers are participating in the strike, which has paralysed normal life here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam