TDP MLA Brahmanaih passes away
Machilipatnam: TDP legislator Ambati Brahmanaih from Avanigadda assembly constituency in Krishna district passed away early on Sunday at a private hospital in Hyderabad, family sources said. He was 72.
Brahmanaih is survived by a son and three daughters. He had been undergoing treatment for a lung disease from the last two months, they said.
Influenced by the TDP founder NT Rama Rao, Brahmanaih had been actively involved in the party affairs since its inception in 1982.
He was elected as a legislator from Machilipatnam assembly constituency in 1994 on TDP ticket and later elected as a member of Parliament in 1999.
However, after losing the 2004 general elections, he again joined the state politics and won the Avanigadda assembly seat in 2009.
TDP president N Chandra Babu Naidu, who is presently on his padayatra in Visakhapatnam district, has expressed condolences over Brahmanaih`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender