TDP MLA Brahmanaih passes away
Machilipatnam: TDP legislator Ambati Brahmanaih from Avanigadda assembly constituency in Krishna district passed away early on Sunday at a private hospital in Hyderabad, family sources said. He was 72.
Brahmanaih is survived by a son and three daughters. He had been undergoing treatment for a lung disease from the last two months, they said.
Influenced by the TDP founder NT Rama Rao, Brahmanaih had been actively involved in the party affairs since its inception in 1982.
He was elected as a legislator from Machilipatnam assembly constituency in 1994 on TDP ticket and later elected as a member of Parliament in 1999.
However, after losing the 2004 general elections, he again joined the state politics and won the Avanigadda assembly seat in 2009.
TDP president N Chandra Babu Naidu, who is presently on his padayatra in Visakhapatnam district, has expressed condolences over Brahmanaih`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth