TDP MLA Brahmanaih passes away
Machilipatnam: TDP legislator Ambati Brahmanaih from Avanigadda assembly constituency in Krishna district passed away early on Sunday at a private hospital in Hyderabad, family sources said. He was 72.
Brahmanaih is survived by a son and three daughters. He had been undergoing treatment for a lung disease from the last two months, they said.
Influenced by the TDP founder NT Rama Rao, Brahmanaih had been actively involved in the party affairs since its inception in 1982.
He was elected as a legislator from Machilipatnam assembly constituency in 1994 on TDP ticket and later elected as a member of Parliament in 1999.
However, after losing the 2004 general elections, he again joined the state politics and won the Avanigadda assembly seat in 2009.
TDP president N Chandra Babu Naidu, who is presently on his padayatra in Visakhapatnam district, has expressed condolences over Brahmanaih`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder