TDP MLA Brahmanaih passes away
Machilipatnam: TDP legislator Ambati Brahmanaih from Avanigadda assembly constituency in Krishna district passed away early on Sunday at a private hospital in Hyderabad, family sources said. He was 72.
Brahmanaih is survived by a son and three daughters. He had been undergoing treatment for a lung disease from the last two months, they said.
Influenced by the TDP founder NT Rama Rao, Brahmanaih had been actively involved in the party affairs since its inception in 1982.
He was elected as a legislator from Machilipatnam assembly constituency in 1994 on TDP ticket and later elected as a member of Parliament in 1999.
However, after losing the 2004 general elections, he again joined the state politics and won the Avanigadda assembly seat in 2009.
TDP president N Chandra Babu Naidu, who is presently on his padayatra in Visakhapatnam district, has expressed condolences over Brahmanaih`s death.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory