TDP MLA remanded to judicial custody till Jan 22
Karimnagar (AP): Telugu Desam Party (TDP) MLA Suddala Devaiah has been remanded to judicial custody till January 22, by a local court here Wednesday, for allegedly laying seige to the office of Transco`s Superintending Engineer (SE) in Karimnagar town.
TDP leaders including three of its legislators Vijaya Ramana Rao, who is Peddapally TDP district president; Gangula Kamalakar, its legislator from Karimnagar; Suddala Devaiah who represents Choppadandi and others, staged a dharna in front of the Transco SE office last night and caused destruction.
They demanded that the government roll back its decision to increase electricity tariff and supply uninterrupted power to farmers and the public.
The police dispersed the agitators and registered criminal cases against three legislators and other TDP leaders.
TDP MLA Suddala Devaiah was arrested late night yesterday and produced before Karimnagar Additional Judicial First Class Magistrste this evening.
As the case registered against him is non-bailable, the magistrate remanded him to judicial custody until January 22.
In its remand case diary, the police mentioned that two other legislators are absconding along with others.
Earlier, three other TDP leaders, Karra Vijender Reddy, Gopu Ailaiah and Nimmakayala Edukondalu were remanded to judicial custody, on the same charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog