TDP MLA remanded to judicial custody till Jan 22
Karimnagar (AP): Telugu Desam Party (TDP) MLA Suddala Devaiah has been remanded to judicial custody till January 22, by a local court here Wednesday, for allegedly laying seige to the office of Transco`s Superintending Engineer (SE) in Karimnagar town.
TDP leaders including three of its legislators Vijaya Ramana Rao, who is Peddapally TDP district president; Gangula Kamalakar, its legislator from Karimnagar; Suddala Devaiah who represents Choppadandi and others, staged a dharna in front of the Transco SE office last night and caused destruction.
They demanded that the government roll back its decision to increase electricity tariff and supply uninterrupted power to farmers and the public.
The police dispersed the agitators and registered criminal cases against three legislators and other TDP leaders.
TDP MLA Suddala Devaiah was arrested late night yesterday and produced before Karimnagar Additional Judicial First Class Magistrste this evening.
As the case registered against him is non-bailable, the magistrate remanded him to judicial custody until January 22.
In its remand case diary, the police mentioned that two other legislators are absconding along with others.
Earlier, three other TDP leaders, Karra Vijender Reddy, Gopu Ailaiah and Nimmakayala Edukondalu were remanded to judicial custody, on the same charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian weightlifters earn two quota places for Olympics
- ISIS sex slave kidnapped by Indian-origin Islamic State terrorist Siddhartha Dhar
- Italy cites UN arbitration court, says India should release Italian marine
- Indian Premier League: Crisis-hit Rising Pune Supergiants sign former Kings XI Punjab skipper George Bailey
- Watch: Sushmita Sen delivers a wonderful speech at daughters' school event!