TDP MLA remanded to judicial custody till Jan 22
Karimnagar (AP): Telugu Desam Party (TDP) MLA Suddala Devaiah has been remanded to judicial custody till January 22, by a local court here Wednesday, for allegedly laying seige to the office of Transco`s Superintending Engineer (SE) in Karimnagar town.
TDP leaders including three of its legislators Vijaya Ramana Rao, who is Peddapally TDP district president; Gangula Kamalakar, its legislator from Karimnagar; Suddala Devaiah who represents Choppadandi and others, staged a dharna in front of the Transco SE office last night and caused destruction.
They demanded that the government roll back its decision to increase electricity tariff and supply uninterrupted power to farmers and the public.
The police dispersed the agitators and registered criminal cases against three legislators and other TDP leaders.
TDP MLA Suddala Devaiah was arrested late night yesterday and produced before Karimnagar Additional Judicial First Class Magistrste this evening.
As the case registered against him is non-bailable, the magistrate remanded him to judicial custody until January 22.
In its remand case diary, the police mentioned that two other legislators are absconding along with others.
Earlier, three other TDP leaders, Karra Vijender Reddy, Gopu Ailaiah and Nimmakayala Edukondalu were remanded to judicial custody, on the same charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui