TDP MLA surrenders before Hyderabad court in cheating case
Hyderabad: TDP MLA Suman Rathod on Friday surrendered before a court here in connection with a case of forgery and cheating.
Rathod, who represents Khanapur constituency, is accused, along with others, of forging documents and fradulently selling a 400 square yards plot of land at Kukatpally Housing Board colony here.
According to the prosecution, the accused passed off the land as their own and pocketed Rs 45 lakh. The deal was made at her house. The case was registered against her and four others after the real owner of the land approached the police.
Cyberabad police had last year issued an arrest warrant against her, after which she became untraceable. The Supreme Court had recently dismissed her anticipatory bail application and directed her to surrender.
Accordingly, Rathod surrendered before the Miyapur court here which remanded her in 14 days` judicial custody.
The court allowed police to take her into custody for a day-long interrogation tomorrow, said Assistant Public Prosecutor Ravinder Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16