TDP MLA surrenders before Hyderabad court in cheating case
Hyderabad: TDP MLA Suman Rathod on Friday surrendered before a court here in connection with a case of forgery and cheating.
Rathod, who represents Khanapur constituency, is accused, along with others, of forging documents and fradulently selling a 400 square yards plot of land at Kukatpally Housing Board colony here.
According to the prosecution, the accused passed off the land as their own and pocketed Rs 45 lakh. The deal was made at her house. The case was registered against her and four others after the real owner of the land approached the police.
Cyberabad police had last year issued an arrest warrant against her, after which she became untraceable. The Supreme Court had recently dismissed her anticipatory bail application and directed her to surrender.
Accordingly, Rathod surrendered before the Miyapur court here which remanded her in 14 days` judicial custody.
The court allowed police to take her into custody for a day-long interrogation tomorrow, said Assistant Public Prosecutor Ravinder Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note