TDP MLA surrenders before Hyderabad court in cheating case
Hyderabad: TDP MLA Suman Rathod on Friday surrendered before a court here in connection with a case of forgery and cheating.
Rathod, who represents Khanapur constituency, is accused, along with others, of forging documents and fradulently selling a 400 square yards plot of land at Kukatpally Housing Board colony here.
According to the prosecution, the accused passed off the land as their own and pocketed Rs 45 lakh. The deal was made at her house. The case was registered against her and four others after the real owner of the land approached the police.
Cyberabad police had last year issued an arrest warrant against her, after which she became untraceable. The Supreme Court had recently dismissed her anticipatory bail application and directed her to surrender.
Accordingly, Rathod surrendered before the Miyapur court here which remanded her in 14 days` judicial custody.
The court allowed police to take her into custody for a day-long interrogation tomorrow, said Assistant Public Prosecutor Ravinder Reddy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video