TDP MLA T Prabhakara Rao passes away
Vijayawada: The TDP MLA from Nandigama Assembly constituency, Tangirala Prabhakara Rao, passed away late last night following a cardiac arrest. He was 62.
Rao breathed his last at a private hospital at Nandigama in Krishna district. He is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
The TDP leader was in 2009 elected as the legislator from Nandigama for the first time and won from the seat again in the recently-held elections.
Rao, who was a lawyer by profession, was associated with TDP since its formation.
On Sunday, he had accompanied AP Irrigation minister D Uma Maheswara Rao to the Pulichintala irrigation project to assess the ongoing work.
After his return, he suffered a cardiac arrest late night and was rushed to the hospital where he breathed his last.
Andhra Pradesh Chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu, the Irrigation Minister and other political leaders have expressed grief over his demise.
The funeral will be held this evening at Rao`s native Paritala village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre