TDP MLA T Prabhakara Rao passes away
Vijayawada: The TDP MLA from Nandigama Assembly constituency, Tangirala Prabhakara Rao, passed away late last night following a cardiac arrest. He was 62.
Rao breathed his last at a private hospital at Nandigama in Krishna district. He is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
The TDP leader was in 2009 elected as the legislator from Nandigama for the first time and won from the seat again in the recently-held elections.
Rao, who was a lawyer by profession, was associated with TDP since its formation.
On Sunday, he had accompanied AP Irrigation minister D Uma Maheswara Rao to the Pulichintala irrigation project to assess the ongoing work.
After his return, he suffered a cardiac arrest late night and was rushed to the hospital where he breathed his last.
Andhra Pradesh Chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu, the Irrigation Minister and other political leaders have expressed grief over his demise.
The funeral will be held this evening at Rao`s native Paritala village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?