TDP MLA Umamaheswara Rao quits over AP bifurcation
Vijayawada: Telugu Desam Party leader Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, who represents Mylavaram seat, on Wednesday resigned as MLA in protest against the passing of the Telangana Bill by Lok Sabha.
Rao faxed his resignation letter to the Secretary of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly this evening, sources close to him said.
In his letter, Rao has expressed unhappiness over the creation of Telangana state and the "injustice" being done to the Seemandhra districts, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies
- Pakistan-origin British boxer Amir Khan says he will ruin Vijender Singh's career...
- Nearly 3,000 dead already in Mediterranean this year- International Organization for Migration
- Dayashankar slur row: Now, FIR filed against Mayawati, other BSP leaders
- Pakistani model Qandeel Baloch's father wants son to be 'shot'