TDP MLA Umamaheswara Rao quits over AP bifurcation
Vijayawada: Telugu Desam Party leader Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, who represents Mylavaram seat, on Wednesday resigned as MLA in protest against the passing of the Telangana Bill by Lok Sabha.
Rao faxed his resignation letter to the Secretary of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly this evening, sources close to him said.
In his letter, Rao has expressed unhappiness over the creation of Telangana state and the "injustice" being done to the Seemandhra districts, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem