TDP MLA Umamaheswara Rao quits over AP bifurcation
Vijayawada: Telugu Desam Party leader Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, who represents Mylavaram seat, on Wednesday resigned as MLA in protest against the passing of the Telangana Bill by Lok Sabha.
Rao faxed his resignation letter to the Secretary of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly this evening, sources close to him said.
In his letter, Rao has expressed unhappiness over the creation of Telangana state and the "injustice" being done to the Seemandhra districts, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'