TDP MLA Umamaheswara Rao quits over AP bifurcation
Vijayawada: Telugu Desam Party leader Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, who represents Mylavaram seat, on Wednesday resigned as MLA in protest against the passing of the Telangana Bill by Lok Sabha.
Rao faxed his resignation letter to the Secretary of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly this evening, sources close to him said.
In his letter, Rao has expressed unhappiness over the creation of Telangana state and the "injustice" being done to the Seemandhra districts, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap
- I don't believe in relationship goals: Esha Gupta