TDP MLA Umamaheswara Rao quits over AP bifurcation
Vijayawada: Telugu Desam Party leader Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, who represents Mylavaram seat, on Wednesday resigned as MLA in protest against the passing of the Telangana Bill by Lok Sabha.
Rao faxed his resignation letter to the Secretary of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly this evening, sources close to him said.
In his letter, Rao has expressed unhappiness over the creation of Telangana state and the "injustice" being done to the Seemandhra districts, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir