TDP MLAs from Telangana walk out of joint action committee
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party MLAs from
Telangana region have decided to walk out of the newly-formed
Telangana Political Joint Action Committee and carry out the
agitation for a separate state on their own.
"We reiterate our party?s commitment for Telangana.
But we shall fight independently to realize a separate state,"
TDP senior MLAs Dayakar Rao, M Narasimhulu and Pocharam
Srinivasa Reddy announced at the end of a meeting of the party
legislators from the region here today.
The TDP, despite its reservations over joining the
company of its main political rival Congress, had on Thursday
agreed to join the JAC for a "common cause".
However, yesterday?s incident in the Osmania
University campus, wherein TDP MLAs Nagam Janardhana Reddy and
E Dayakar Rao were attacked by separatists, forced the party
to change its mind and lead the agitation independently.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents