TDP MP, MLAs held for protest outside CM`s office
Hyderabad: An MP and some MLAs of Telugu Desam Party were taken into police custody when they staged a protest in front of the Chief Minister`s Office block here this afternoon, demanding that the government drop the move to enhance electricity tariff steeply.
TDP MP C M Ramesh and MLAs Gali Muddukrishnama Naidu, Ravula Chandrasekhar Reddy, Errabilli Dayakar Rao and others came to the CMO to submit a memorandum to the Chief Minister on the power tariff issue.
The Chief Minister was not present in his office at the time.
The TDP leaders then staged a sit-in protest in front of the C-block that houses the CMO where they were taken into custody, police sources said.
They demanded that the government immediately drop the move to enhance power tariff in the ensuing financial year.
Already the government has imposed a burden of over Rs 15,000 crore in the last couple of years in the form of power tariff hike as well as fuel surcharge adjustment.
"Inspite of all this, the government is unable to supply power as per the needs. The state has been pushed into darkness. Industries are shutting down, throwing lakhs of employees on the streets," the TDP leaders lamented.
They came down heavily on the Congress government over the inept handling of the power situation and pushing the state into deep crisis.
"As legislators we came here to represent people`s issues to the government but there is none to listen to us," Muddukrishnama Naidu, deputy leader of Telugu Desam Legislature Party, regretted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'