TDP not to oppose creation of Telangana
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party on Saturday
asserted that it would not come in the way if the Union
government decides to carve out Telangana state.
TDP president and Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh N
Chandrababu Naidu reportedly made this clear to party leaders
during a tele-conference here and asked them to extensively
propagate this to the people of the region.
TDP sources said the party chief deliberated in detail the
current political scenario in the state, particularly in
Telangana, with leaders from the region and asked them to
"expose" the deal between ruling Congress and separatist
Telangana Rashtra Samiti.
"We have been very clear for long on our stand vis-?-vis
Telangana. We will not oppose the creation of the state if the
Centre decides so," Niadu told party leaders.
Later, the Telangana Telugu Desam Forum leaders met at the
Telugu Desam Legislature Party office and discussed the
developments that took place in New Delhi today.
"Let the Congress and the Government of India spell out
their stand on the statehood demand. Then, as the main
opposition party, we will do whatever we have to," Forum
leaders Nama Nageswara Rao, E Dayakar Rao, T Devender Goud and
others said after their meeting.
They reiterated that Telangana state would become a
reality only through a constitutional crisis.
The Forum leaders decided to extensively campaign their
party`s stand on the statehood issue in the region and, if
need be, intensify their agitation.
The general feeling among the TTD Forum was to mount
pressure on the ruling Congress and thereby achieve statehood
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?