TDP revamps organisation, many new faces in politburo
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party on Monday revamped
its organisational structure with party president N
Chandrababu Naidu appointing a 20-member Politburo, which
includes several new faces.
Besides, the party has also appointed 12 general
secretaries, 56 executive secretaries, 55 secretaries and 15
vice-presidents to the state committee with attention being
given on striking a balance between youth and experience.
The re-constituted Politburo, the top decision-making
body of the party, has seven new members while former Home
Minister T Devender Goud has been left out.
Goud was considered the number-two in the TDP, next only
to Chandrababu Naidu, before he quit the party in June 2008 to
launch his own outfit Nava Telangana Party. Goud subsequently
merged his outfit with Chiranjeevi`s Praja Rajyam Party and
quit the latter to return to the TDP two months ago. He has
not been accommodated in any of the party committees.
Kothakota Seeta Dayakar Reddy, an MLA, has been
appointed president of Telugu Mahila, the party`s women wing.
She succeeds actress Roja who quit the TDP last month with the
intention to join the Congress but now finds herself nowhere
after the death of former chief minister Y S Rajasekhara
The Editor of an Urdu newspaper `Siyasat`, Jahed Ali
Khan, who unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha election this
year from Hyderabad, found a place in the TDP Politburo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player