TDP seeks disqualification of 4 MLAs for cross-voting in RS poll
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party on Friday petitioned the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker seeking disqualification of four of its MLAs under the Anti-Defection Law, for violating the party whip and voting for a rival candidate in the Rajya Sabha election on February 7.
In separate petitions filed with Speaker Nadendla Manohar, TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu named G Kamalakar, K Harishwar Reddy, S Venugopalachary and Hanumanth Shinde as liable for disqualification.
The TDP, Chandrababu said, had issued two whips on January 31 asking its legislators to vote for party`s official candidates Garikapati Mohan Rao and T Seetha Ramalakshmi.
"The whips were sent by registered post and their delivery was acknowledged. But the four said legislators violated the whip and unabashedly voted for TRS`s K Keshava Rao in the election," Chandrababu said.
These four MLAs had severed ties with the TDP and for the past several months had been associated with the TRS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez