TDP seeks disqualification of 4 MLAs for cross-voting in RS poll
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party on Friday petitioned the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker seeking disqualification of four of its MLAs under the Anti-Defection Law, for violating the party whip and voting for a rival candidate in the Rajya Sabha election on February 7.
In separate petitions filed with Speaker Nadendla Manohar, TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu named G Kamalakar, K Harishwar Reddy, S Venugopalachary and Hanumanth Shinde as liable for disqualification.
The TDP, Chandrababu said, had issued two whips on January 31 asking its legislators to vote for party`s official candidates Garikapati Mohan Rao and T Seetha Ramalakshmi.
"The whips were sent by registered post and their delivery was acknowledged. But the four said legislators violated the whip and unabashedly voted for TRS`s K Keshava Rao in the election," Chandrababu said.
These four MLAs had severed ties with the TDP and for the past several months had been associated with the TRS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional