TDP seeks probe of land allotments in YSR tenure
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party on Friday petitioned the Andhra Pradesh government demanding that a comprehensive inquiry be ordered into the irregular land allotments made during the tenure of YS Rajasekhara Reddy, in the light of the observations of Comptroller and Auditor General.
A delegation of TDP legislators, led by Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council Dadi Veerabhadra Rao and MP-elect T Devender Goud, met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at his camp office this afternoon, and submitted a memorandum seeking cancellation of all irregular allotments.
Unsatisfied with the Chief Minister`s response, the TDP leaders then staged a sit-in outside the office, blocking the Chief Minister`s convoy as he was about to leave. They relented after some time.
The TDP leaders alleged that the Chief Minister was indifferent to their demand, and sought to take cover under the ongoing investigation by CBI.
"The chief minister claimed to have cancelled allotment of five-acre land to a software company recently, whereas the CAG has established that more than 80,000 acres of land was given away on a platter in violation of all norms," Goud said.
The government should immediately revoke all the irregular allotments and conduct a detailed inquiry, he demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO