TDP seeks to privilege motion against AP Minister
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Legislature Party issued a notice for moving a privilege motion against Andhra Pradesh Secondary Education Minister K Parthasarathy over his remarks in the Assembly on Wednesday.
A delegation of TDP MLAs, led by whip Dhulipalla Narendra Kumar and others met Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar and handed over a notice for moving the privilege motion against the Minister who allegedly made certain "un- parliamentary" remarks in the Lower House.
Parthasarathy`s behaviour created a furore in the House when he lashed out at the TDP members during a discussion on the motion of thanks to the Governor`s address.
TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu raised the issue of an email reportedly written by the Minister directing the Krishna district administration to allot houses under a scheme for weaker sections only to those suggested by the leaders of ruling Congress.
This led to a heated exchange of words between Naidu, the Leader of Opposition, TDP senior MLA Payyavula Kesav and Parthasarathy.
The Minister, maintaining he had not written any such email, asserted that only Congress workers and sympathizers would get houses as it was his party that is ruling the state.
After the House was adjourned for the day, the Telugu Desam Legislature Party issued the privilege notice to the Speaker and demanded action against Parthasarathy.
Later in the evening, the TDP delegation complained against the Minister to Governor E S L Narasimhan too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'