TDP seeks to privilege motion against AP Minister
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Legislature Party issued a notice for moving a privilege motion against Andhra Pradesh Secondary Education Minister K Parthasarathy over his remarks in the Assembly on Wednesday.
A delegation of TDP MLAs, led by whip Dhulipalla Narendra Kumar and others met Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar and handed over a notice for moving the privilege motion against the Minister who allegedly made certain "un- parliamentary" remarks in the Lower House.
Parthasarathy`s behaviour created a furore in the House when he lashed out at the TDP members during a discussion on the motion of thanks to the Governor`s address.
TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu raised the issue of an email reportedly written by the Minister directing the Krishna district administration to allot houses under a scheme for weaker sections only to those suggested by the leaders of ruling Congress.
This led to a heated exchange of words between Naidu, the Leader of Opposition, TDP senior MLA Payyavula Kesav and Parthasarathy.
The Minister, maintaining he had not written any such email, asserted that only Congress workers and sympathizers would get houses as it was his party that is ruling the state.
After the House was adjourned for the day, the Telugu Desam Legislature Party issued the privilege notice to the Speaker and demanded action against Parthasarathy.
Later in the evening, the TDP delegation complained against the Minister to Governor E S L Narasimhan too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'