TDP should make their stand clear on Telangana: JAC
Hyderabad: Demanding that the Telugu Desam
Party (TDP) take a clear stand on the separate statehood
issue, the Telangana political Joint Action Commitee (JAC)
on Wednesday appealed to the people not to cooperate with the party
for a public meeting proposed at Karimnagar.
"Telugu Desam Party should take a clear stand on
Telangana. Without taking a clear stand whatever they say in
support of Telangana will not have credibility," JAC Convenor
M Kodandaram told reporters here.
He appealed to the Telangana people and other supporters
not to cooperate with the party over the public meeting
proposed to be organised by TDP at Karimnagar today.
TDP leaders had submitted separate region-wise
representation to the Sri Krishna Committee. The party did
not submit a single stance on the Telangana issue to the
committee which has been the object of sharp criticism from
TRS and other pro-Telangana groups.
The JAC Convenor asked the Telugu Desam leaders to get
a resolution passed in support of separate Telangana demand at
`Mahanadu` (the party conclave) to be held soon.
In the absence of a clear stand on Telangana issue, the
statements of pro-Telangana leaders in TDP would only sound
hollow, the JAC convenor claimed.
Kodandaram voiced the opposition over a 6 MW hydel
project being planned at Kuntala waterfalls in Adilabad
district on the ground that it will affect livelihood of local
people and tribals living at Kuntala forest area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city