TDP slams Congress for "adding confusion" over AP division
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party has lashed out at the ruling Congress for compounding the confusion over the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"The Group of Ministers (constituted by the Centre to look into the bifurcation) conveniently leaves gaps about territorial and geographical boundaries. (It is) adding confusion to the hasty bifurcation process started by the Congress," TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu tweeted on Thursday.
His remarks came amid reports that the Centre was considering a proposal to create a Rayala-Telangana state by adding two districts of Rayalaseema region (Anantapuram and Kurnool) to the ten districts of Telangana.
"The Congress is clearly playing murky games. One day it floats a rumour about creating Rayala-Telangana state. Another day, it speaks about making Hyderabad a Union Territory. We will not allow Congress to succeed in its games," Naidu said.
The TDP president held a meeting with senior leaders of the party here today and discussed the political developments in the backdrop of talk that the GoM favoured creation of Rayala-Telangana.
Separately, TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu accused the Congress of seeking only political gains over the state`s bifurcation.
"The Congress is only calculating whether Telangana state will bring it political gains or Rayala-Telangana. It is playing with the future of Andhra Pradesh and the Telugu people," Yanamala said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing