TDP slams Congress for "adding confusion" over AP division
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party has lashed out at the ruling Congress for compounding the confusion over the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"The Group of Ministers (constituted by the Centre to look into the bifurcation) conveniently leaves gaps about territorial and geographical boundaries. (It is) adding confusion to the hasty bifurcation process started by the Congress," TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu tweeted on Thursday.
His remarks came amid reports that the Centre was considering a proposal to create a Rayala-Telangana state by adding two districts of Rayalaseema region (Anantapuram and Kurnool) to the ten districts of Telangana.
"The Congress is clearly playing murky games. One day it floats a rumour about creating Rayala-Telangana state. Another day, it speaks about making Hyderabad a Union Territory. We will not allow Congress to succeed in its games," Naidu said.
The TDP president held a meeting with senior leaders of the party here today and discussed the political developments in the backdrop of talk that the GoM favoured creation of Rayala-Telangana.
Separately, TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu accused the Congress of seeking only political gains over the state`s bifurcation.
"The Congress is only calculating whether Telangana state will bring it political gains or Rayala-Telangana. It is playing with the future of Andhra Pradesh and the Telugu people," Yanamala said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!