TDP stage dharna demanding setting up of Super Speciality Hosp
Vijayawada: The Telugu Desam Party`s Vijayawada and Krishna district units Tuesday staged a sit-in and blocked roads in front of the sub collector`s office demanding setting up of a Super Speciality hospital in the district.
They also raised objection to the setting up of the hospital by the Chief Minister in Guntur district.
Party MLC Y V B Rajendra Prasad, MLA D Umamaheshwara
Rao, ex MP Gadde Ramamohan and other leaders who led the
dharna said that former Chief Minister Rajasekhara Reddy had
promised to set up the super speciality hospital at
"He had also asked his officials to finalise the
transfer of land from the existing government`s General
hospital to the Super Speciality hospital," they said.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, who hails from Guntur
district, is now trying to take away the super speciality
hospital from Vijayawada to Guntur district, the leaders
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway