TDP stage dharna demanding setting up of Super Speciality Hosp
Vijayawada: The Telugu Desam Party`s Vijayawada and Krishna district units Tuesday staged a sit-in and blocked roads in front of the sub collector`s office demanding setting up of a Super Speciality hospital in the district.
They also raised objection to the setting up of the hospital by the Chief Minister in Guntur district.
Party MLC Y V B Rajendra Prasad, MLA D Umamaheshwara
Rao, ex MP Gadde Ramamohan and other leaders who led the
dharna said that former Chief Minister Rajasekhara Reddy had
promised to set up the super speciality hospital at
"He had also asked his officials to finalise the
transfer of land from the existing government`s General
hospital to the Super Speciality hospital," they said.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, who hails from Guntur
district, is now trying to take away the super speciality
hospital from Vijayawada to Guntur district, the leaders
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video