TDP suspends MP following meeting with Jagan
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) on Friday suspended its politburo member and former MP MV Mysoora Reddy from the party for indiscipline.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu suspended Mysoora Reddy soon after the latter met YSR Congress Party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
Mysoora, who is also the former home minister, drove to Jagan`s residence and met him an hour before he appeared before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the corruption cases against him.
Mysoora, who contested against Jagan and lost in the 2011 by-election to Kadapa Lok Sabha seat, has been sulking ever since the party did not re-nominate him for Rajya Sabha in March this year.
Interestingly, Mysoora had quit the Congress party and joined the TDP before 2004 elections due to differences with Jagan`s father YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Reacting to his suspension from TDP, Mysoora told reporters that he had already quit the party and hence the suspension held no meaning.
The former legislator alleged that the Congress, TDP and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had colluded to implicate Jagan in false cases.
"Unable to fight Jagan politically, they have joined hands to implicate him. I have come out to raise my voice against this injustice," Mysoora said.
"I know Jagan since his childhood. He has people`s support and I am ready to help YSR Congress party in whatever way I can," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak