TDP suspends rebel MLA Praveen Reddy
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam on Tuesday suspended its MLA Praveen Kumar Reddy from Tamballapalli in Chittoor district, from the party with immediate effect after he met YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in the Chanchalguda prison here on Tuesday.
Praveen, elected to the state Legislative Assembly for the first time in 2009, recently criticised TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu after the latter wrote a letter to the Centre seeking immediate resolution of the Telangana statehood issue.
Praveen used the letter only as a pretext to get out of TDP and join YSRC as he had been preparing ground for this for the past few months, party sources said.
Today, he visited the Chanchalguda jail and interacted with Jagan, who was lodged there as an undertrial prisoner in the disproportionate assets case.
Praveen joining the YSRC is now only a formality. Another TDP MLA Amarnath Reddy from Palamaneru in Chittoor had also been critical of Chandrababu on the statehood issue.
Though Amarnath did not reveal his plans yet, it is expected that he too may join the YSRC, which will be a serious setback to the TDP in its supremo`s home district as he is a politically strong man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks