TDP suspends rebel MLA Praveen Reddy
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam on Tuesday suspended its MLA Praveen Kumar Reddy from Tamballapalli in Chittoor district, from the party with immediate effect after he met YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in the Chanchalguda prison here on Tuesday.
Praveen, elected to the state Legislative Assembly for the first time in 2009, recently criticised TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu after the latter wrote a letter to the Centre seeking immediate resolution of the Telangana statehood issue.
Praveen used the letter only as a pretext to get out of TDP and join YSRC as he had been preparing ground for this for the past few months, party sources said.
Today, he visited the Chanchalguda jail and interacted with Jagan, who was lodged there as an undertrial prisoner in the disproportionate assets case.
Praveen joining the YSRC is now only a formality. Another TDP MLA Amarnath Reddy from Palamaneru in Chittoor had also been critical of Chandrababu on the statehood issue.
Though Amarnath did not reveal his plans yet, it is expected that he too may join the YSRC, which will be a serious setback to the TDP in its supremo`s home district as he is a politically strong man.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India