TDP to be responsible if AP is bifurcated: Congress MP
Vijayawada: Telugu Desam would be solely responsible if the union government announced bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh into two states, to form Telangana, AP Congress MP said here on Monday.
Lagadapati Rajagopal alleged that TDP had changed its stand on the Telangana issue twice and now it has written to the Union Home Minister that it had no objection if Andhra Pradesh is bifurcated.
Earlier in the day, tension prevailed at Garikapadu and Anumanchipalli vilages of coastal Andhra Pradesh and the police deployed a huge force to stop TDP supporters from Krishna, Nalgonda and Khammam districts who arrived large numbers to challenge Congress leaders.
Congress MP Lagadapati Rajagopal and MLAs Vishnu, Srinivas and Ramesh, who reached Anumachipalli village last night to meet TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, to persuade him to change his party`s policy and favour a united Andhra Pradesh, were also taken into custody by the police and asked to leave the place.
Both Congress and TDP leaders received good political mileage from this drama, but passengers on their way between Vijayawada-Hyderabad, Nalgonda and Khammam suffered due to obstacles placed by both parties on the national highway, blocking hundreds of vehicles for hours, as the police tried to divert the traffic.
Meanwhile, the TDP chief proceeded as per his original padayatra (foot march) plan after arriving here in Garikapadu village of Krishna district, as part of his `Vastunna Meekosam` (I am coming for you) campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi