TDP to be responsible if AP is bifurcated: Congress MP
Vijayawada: Telugu Desam would be solely responsible if the union government announced bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh into two states, to form Telangana, AP Congress MP said here on Monday.
Lagadapati Rajagopal alleged that TDP had changed its stand on the Telangana issue twice and now it has written to the Union Home Minister that it had no objection if Andhra Pradesh is bifurcated.
Earlier in the day, tension prevailed at Garikapadu and Anumanchipalli vilages of coastal Andhra Pradesh and the police deployed a huge force to stop TDP supporters from Krishna, Nalgonda and Khammam districts who arrived large numbers to challenge Congress leaders.
Congress MP Lagadapati Rajagopal and MLAs Vishnu, Srinivas and Ramesh, who reached Anumachipalli village last night to meet TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, to persuade him to change his party`s policy and favour a united Andhra Pradesh, were also taken into custody by the police and asked to leave the place.
Both Congress and TDP leaders received good political mileage from this drama, but passengers on their way between Vijayawada-Hyderabad, Nalgonda and Khammam suffered due to obstacles placed by both parties on the national highway, blocking hundreds of vehicles for hours, as the police tried to divert the traffic.
Meanwhile, the TDP chief proceeded as per his original padayatra (foot march) plan after arriving here in Garikapadu village of Krishna district, as part of his `Vastunna Meekosam` (I am coming for you) campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader