TDP to launch online membership drive
Hyderabad: The tech-savvy Telugu Desam
Party (TDP) is launching yet another novel initiative, aimed
at attracting netizens into its fold.
In what is claimed as the first-of-its-kind exercise
by a political party in the country, the TDP is launching an
online membership drive to enroll students, youth and
non-resident Indians into its fold.
Party president N Chandrababu Naidu will launch the
online membership enrolment drive at TDP headquarters- NTR
"The aim of the initiative is to take the TDP closer
to the youth and the netizens," party`s IT wing chief T
Srinivasa Rao said.
The online membership drive was conceived after
numerous requests were made on the party`s Facebook page
www.facebook.com/TDPofficial that was launched recently.
The online membership process can be done through
TDP website-- www.telugudesam.org where the requisite
enrolment fee of Rs 50 can be paid using credit\debit cards,
net banking and a secure payment gateway CC Avenue, according
to Srinivasa Rao.
"Through the online drive, we want to reach out more
to students, educated youths not only in India, but also
abroad. After the completion of registration process and
verification, all applicants will be issued membership
identity cards on production of the registration receipt that
will be e-mailed to them," he added.
The TDP has been the first political party in the
country to issue photo identity cards for its rank and file
since 1984. Since then the organisational process has been
automated, refined and presented in real-time format by
incorporating latest technological advances, the party`s IT
head pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Munich shooting had `obvious link` to Breivik: Police
- Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar to work together! Details inside
- After Gujarat, two Bihar Dalit youths thrashed, urinated upon: Watch shocking video
- Another beef-related assault reported, four of a Dalit family attacked in Karnataka
- INS Viraat embarks on farewell voyage to Kochi