TDP to launch online membership drive
Hyderabad: The tech-savvy Telugu Desam
Party (TDP) is launching yet another novel initiative, aimed
at attracting netizens into its fold.
In what is claimed as the first-of-its-kind exercise
by a political party in the country, the TDP is launching an
online membership drive to enroll students, youth and
non-resident Indians into its fold.
Party president N Chandrababu Naidu will launch the
online membership enrolment drive at TDP headquarters- NTR
"The aim of the initiative is to take the TDP closer
to the youth and the netizens," party`s IT wing chief T
Srinivasa Rao said.
The online membership drive was conceived after
numerous requests were made on the party`s Facebook page
www.facebook.com/TDPofficial that was launched recently.
The online membership process can be done through
TDP website-- www.telugudesam.org where the requisite
enrolment fee of Rs 50 can be paid using credit\debit cards,
net banking and a secure payment gateway CC Avenue, according
to Srinivasa Rao.
"Through the online drive, we want to reach out more
to students, educated youths not only in India, but also
abroad. After the completion of registration process and
verification, all applicants will be issued membership
identity cards on production of the registration receipt that
will be e-mailed to them," he added.
The TDP has been the first political party in the
country to issue photo identity cards for its rank and file
since 1984. Since then the organisational process has been
automated, refined and presented in real-time format by
incorporating latest technological advances, the party`s IT
head pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27