TDP to launch online membership drive
Hyderabad: The tech-savvy Telugu Desam
Party (TDP) is launching yet another novel initiative, aimed
at attracting netizens into its fold.
In what is claimed as the first-of-its-kind exercise
by a political party in the country, the TDP is launching an
online membership drive to enroll students, youth and
non-resident Indians into its fold.
Party president N Chandrababu Naidu will launch the
online membership enrolment drive at TDP headquarters- NTR
"The aim of the initiative is to take the TDP closer
to the youth and the netizens," party`s IT wing chief T
Srinivasa Rao said.
The online membership drive was conceived after
numerous requests were made on the party`s Facebook page
www.facebook.com/TDPofficial that was launched recently.
The online membership process can be done through
TDP website-- www.telugudesam.org where the requisite
enrolment fee of Rs 50 can be paid using credit\debit cards,
net banking and a secure payment gateway CC Avenue, according
to Srinivasa Rao.
"Through the online drive, we want to reach out more
to students, educated youths not only in India, but also
abroad. After the completion of registration process and
verification, all applicants will be issued membership
identity cards on production of the registration receipt that
will be e-mailed to them," he added.
The TDP has been the first political party in the
country to issue photo identity cards for its rank and file
since 1984. Since then the organisational process has been
automated, refined and presented in real-time format by
incorporating latest technological advances, the party`s IT
head pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door