TDP to press AP Governor for action against tainted ministers
Hyderabad: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu is likely to press for action against allegedly tainted ministers in Andhra Pradesh government, when he meets Governor E S L Narasimhan tomorrow, party sources said here.
Some ministers in the Andhra Pradesh`s Congress government face allegations of corruption, including those in connection with cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
Naidu will meet the Governor along with a delegation of Telugu Desam Party MPs, MLAs and MLCs, sources said.
Ministers like Dharmana Prasada Rao and P Sabita Reddy had offered to quit and even stayed away from official duties after allegations, but their offer to step down was not accepted.
TDP and other opposition parties have already demanded that action be taken against ministers who are at the receiving end of allegations.
Naidu had even accused Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy of "shielding tainted ministers".
Besides opposition parties, some ruling AP Congress leaders have also demanded action against such ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites