TDP to press AP Governor for action against tainted ministers
Hyderabad: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu is likely to press for action against allegedly tainted ministers in Andhra Pradesh government, when he meets Governor E S L Narasimhan tomorrow, party sources said here.
Some ministers in the Andhra Pradesh`s Congress government face allegations of corruption, including those in connection with cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
Naidu will meet the Governor along with a delegation of Telugu Desam Party MPs, MLAs and MLCs, sources said.
Ministers like Dharmana Prasada Rao and P Sabita Reddy had offered to quit and even stayed away from official duties after allegations, but their offer to step down was not accepted.
TDP and other opposition parties have already demanded that action be taken against ministers who are at the receiving end of allegations.
Naidu had even accused Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy of "shielding tainted ministers".
Besides opposition parties, some ruling AP Congress leaders have also demanded action against such ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'