TDP to press AP Governor for action against tainted ministers
Hyderabad: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu is likely to press for action against allegedly tainted ministers in Andhra Pradesh government, when he meets Governor E S L Narasimhan tomorrow, party sources said here.
Some ministers in the Andhra Pradesh`s Congress government face allegations of corruption, including those in connection with cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
Naidu will meet the Governor along with a delegation of Telugu Desam Party MPs, MLAs and MLCs, sources said.
Ministers like Dharmana Prasada Rao and P Sabita Reddy had offered to quit and even stayed away from official duties after allegations, but their offer to step down was not accepted.
TDP and other opposition parties have already demanded that action be taken against ministers who are at the receiving end of allegations.
Naidu had even accused Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy of "shielding tainted ministers".
Besides opposition parties, some ruling AP Congress leaders have also demanded action against such ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says