TDP to press AP Governor for action against tainted ministers
Hyderabad: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu is likely to press for action against allegedly tainted ministers in Andhra Pradesh government, when he meets Governor E S L Narasimhan tomorrow, party sources said here.
Some ministers in the Andhra Pradesh`s Congress government face allegations of corruption, including those in connection with cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
Naidu will meet the Governor along with a delegation of Telugu Desam Party MPs, MLAs and MLCs, sources said.
Ministers like Dharmana Prasada Rao and P Sabita Reddy had offered to quit and even stayed away from official duties after allegations, but their offer to step down was not accepted.
TDP and other opposition parties have already demanded that action be taken against ministers who are at the receiving end of allegations.
Naidu had even accused Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy of "shielding tainted ministers".
Besides opposition parties, some ruling AP Congress leaders have also demanded action against such ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set