TDP to press AP Governor for action against tainted ministers
Hyderabad: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu is likely to press for action against allegedly tainted ministers in Andhra Pradesh government, when he meets Governor E S L Narasimhan tomorrow, party sources said here.
Some ministers in the Andhra Pradesh`s Congress government face allegations of corruption, including those in connection with cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
Naidu will meet the Governor along with a delegation of Telugu Desam Party MPs, MLAs and MLCs, sources said.
Ministers like Dharmana Prasada Rao and P Sabita Reddy had offered to quit and even stayed away from official duties after allegations, but their offer to step down was not accepted.
TDP and other opposition parties have already demanded that action be taken against ministers who are at the receiving end of allegations.
Naidu had even accused Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy of "shielding tainted ministers".
Besides opposition parties, some ruling AP Congress leaders have also demanded action against such ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him