TDP to protests for removal of `tainted ministers`
Hyderabad: Stepping up its campaign for removal of Andhra Pradesh ministers facing allegations of corruption and impropriety, TDP on Wednesday announced that it would stage protests over the issue.
TDP would organise protest rallies in all assembly constituencies in the state on May 20, party Chief N Chandrababu Naidu said.
TDP is also seeking an appointment with President Pranab Mukherjee subsequently for party MPs, MLAs and MLCs to represent to him on the matter, he said.
Noting that the TDP had always fought against Congress chief ministers like M Chenna Reddy, Kotla Vijayabhaskar Reddy and Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, Naidu said his party would fight an "uncompromising battle" against corruption until the "tainted ministers" are removed.
The TDP Chief sought the intervention of Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan few days ago for the removal of the allegedly "tainted ministers".
Two ministers have been made accused in the cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy. Both of them had sought to quit, but were asked to continue.
Three other ministers have also been under the CBI scanner, while two others faced allegations of impropriety and wrong-doing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!