TDP to protests for removal of `tainted ministers`
Hyderabad: Stepping up its campaign for removal of Andhra Pradesh ministers facing allegations of corruption and impropriety, TDP on Wednesday announced that it would stage protests over the issue.
TDP would organise protest rallies in all assembly constituencies in the state on May 20, party Chief N Chandrababu Naidu told reporters here.
TDP is also seeking an appointment with President Pranab Mukherjee subsequently for party MPs, MLAs and MLCs to represent to him on the matter, he said.
Noting that the TDP had always fought against Congress chief ministers like M Chenna Reddy, Kotla Vijayabhaskar Reddy and Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, Naidu said his party would fight an "uncompromising battle" against corruption until the "tainted ministers" are removed.
The TDP Chief sought the intervention of Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan few days ago for the removal of the allegedly "tainted ministers".
Two ministers have been made accused in the cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy. Both of them had sought to quit, but were asked to continue.
Three other ministers have also been under the CBI scanner, while two others faced allegations of impropriety and wrong-doing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?