TDP to protests for removal of `tainted ministers`
Hyderabad: Stepping up its campaign for removal of Andhra Pradesh ministers facing allegations of corruption and impropriety, TDP on Wednesday announced that it would stage protests over the issue.
TDP would organise protest rallies in all assembly constituencies in the state on May 20, party Chief N Chandrababu Naidu told reporters here.
TDP is also seeking an appointment with President Pranab Mukherjee subsequently for party MPs, MLAs and MLCs to represent to him on the matter, he said.
Noting that the TDP had always fought against Congress chief ministers like M Chenna Reddy, Kotla Vijayabhaskar Reddy and Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, Naidu said his party would fight an "uncompromising battle" against corruption until the "tainted ministers" are removed.
The TDP Chief sought the intervention of Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan few days ago for the removal of the allegedly "tainted ministers".
Two ministers have been made accused in the cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy. Both of them had sought to quit, but were asked to continue.
Three other ministers have also been under the CBI scanner, while two others faced allegations of impropriety and wrong-doing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details