TDP to soon clarify stand on Telangana
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party will make its stand clear on the contentious Telangana statehood demand in the next couple of days.
Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu reportedly told this to Telugu Desam rank and file at its extended general body meet here on Monday.
Party sources said Naidu would complete his deliberations with TDP leaders from all three regions in the state in the next two days before announcing the party`s stand.
He will hold a special meeting with party leaders from Telangana before firming up the TDP`s stand on the statehood issue. While leaders from Telangana are pressing for a fresh letter to the Centre notifying the party stand, those from Andhra-Rayalaseema regions are averse to it.
"There is no need to write a new letter when the party made its stand clear long ago. Its for the Congress to come clear on Telangana," the Andhra-Rayalaseema leaders contended.
These leaders already told Naidu in clear terms that they stood for a united Andhra Pradesh.
Naidu, however, is said to be inclined to give a fresh letter to the Centre to erase the image that the TDP is against a separate state.
The ambivalent stand on the statehood issue cost the TDP heavily in Telangana in the last couple of years as its base has eroded largely, if not completely, in what was once its citadel.
In its desperate bid to regain lost ground, the TDP is getting ready to announce its stand afresh on Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout