TDP, TRS corner AP govt ahead of winter session
Hyderabad: TRS on Wednesday demanded that the
Andhra Pradesh government table a resolution, seeking creation
of Telangana state, in the five-day winter session of the
state Legislature beginning on Thursday.
Meanwhile, the main opposition TDP said it will move a
no-confidence motion against the government on the farmers`
The TDP and the TRS made their points known at the
meeting of the Assembly Business Advisory Committee (BAC),
chaired by Speaker Nadendla Manohar, on the eve of the winter
"We made it very clear that we will move a no-confidence
motion on the very first day. We also wanted a thorough
discussion on issues like drought, price rise and corruption,"
TDP Legislature Party deputy leader P Ashoka Gajapathi Raju
told reporters at the end of the BAC meeting.
Despite the fact that the numbers won`t add up to pass a
resolution in favour of a separate state, the TRS remained
firm on its demand for a resolution on Telangana.
"We will not let the House function if a resolution is
not moved," TRS floor leader E Rajender said.
Lok Satta Party chief N Jayaprakash Narayan alleged that
both the ruling Congress and the main opposition TDP were not
keen on having meaningful debates on any crucial subjects of
"The Congress just wants to fulfill a Constitutional
obligation by conducting the winter session since it`s
mandatory for the House to convene at least once in six
months. There are several issues of grave public concern which
the House should actually discuss," he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir