TDP, TRS corner AP govt ahead of winter session
Hyderabad: TRS on Wednesday demanded that the
Andhra Pradesh government table a resolution, seeking creation
of Telangana state, in the five-day winter session of the
state Legislature beginning on Thursday.
Meanwhile, the main opposition TDP said it will move a
no-confidence motion against the government on the farmers`
The TDP and the TRS made their points known at the
meeting of the Assembly Business Advisory Committee (BAC),
chaired by Speaker Nadendla Manohar, on the eve of the winter
"We made it very clear that we will move a no-confidence
motion on the very first day. We also wanted a thorough
discussion on issues like drought, price rise and corruption,"
TDP Legislature Party deputy leader P Ashoka Gajapathi Raju
told reporters at the end of the BAC meeting.
Despite the fact that the numbers won`t add up to pass a
resolution in favour of a separate state, the TRS remained
firm on its demand for a resolution on Telangana.
"We will not let the House function if a resolution is
not moved," TRS floor leader E Rajender said.
Lok Satta Party chief N Jayaprakash Narayan alleged that
both the ruling Congress and the main opposition TDP were not
keen on having meaningful debates on any crucial subjects of
"The Congress just wants to fulfill a Constitutional
obligation by conducting the winter session since it`s
mandatory for the House to convene at least once in six
months. There are several issues of grave public concern which
the House should actually discuss," he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate