TDP wants CBI probe in assets of Jagan sister, brother-in-law
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party on Thursday demanded that the purview of the ongoing CBI probe in the illegal assets of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy be expanded to cover the assets allegedly amassed by his sister Sharmila and brother-in-law Anil Kumar.
"Like Jagan, Sharmila and Anil amassed thousands of crores of rupees of wealth when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. Sharmila and Anil too benefited from the quid pro quo deals struck during YSR`s tenure," TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu alleged in a statement here today.
He alleged that in the five years when YSR was Chief Minister, Anil and Sharmila grabbed mines and lands, companies in benami transactions,
"Anil, an evangelist, himself declared that he owned 11 companies of which three are doing very well. The CBI should enlarge the scope of its investigation and cover the assets of Anil and Sharmila as well to unearth the facts," Yanamala demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!