TDP wants CBI probe in assets of Jagan sister, brother-in-law
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party on Thursday demanded that the purview of the ongoing CBI probe in the illegal assets of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy be expanded to cover the assets allegedly amassed by his sister Sharmila and brother-in-law Anil Kumar.
"Like Jagan, Sharmila and Anil amassed thousands of crores of rupees of wealth when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. Sharmila and Anil too benefited from the quid pro quo deals struck during YSR`s tenure," TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu alleged in a statement here today.
He alleged that in the five years when YSR was Chief Minister, Anil and Sharmila grabbed mines and lands, companies in benami transactions,
"Anil, an evangelist, himself declared that he owned 11 companies of which three are doing very well. The CBI should enlarge the scope of its investigation and cover the assets of Anil and Sharmila as well to unearth the facts," Yanamala demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident