TDP wants CBI probe in assets of Jagan sister, brother-in-law
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party on Thursday demanded that the purview of the ongoing CBI probe in the illegal assets of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy be expanded to cover the assets allegedly amassed by his sister Sharmila and brother-in-law Anil Kumar.
"Like Jagan, Sharmila and Anil amassed thousands of crores of rupees of wealth when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. Sharmila and Anil too benefited from the quid pro quo deals struck during YSR`s tenure," TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu alleged in a statement here today.
He alleged that in the five years when YSR was Chief Minister, Anil and Sharmila grabbed mines and lands, companies in benami transactions,
"Anil, an evangelist, himself declared that he owned 11 companies of which three are doing very well. The CBI should enlarge the scope of its investigation and cover the assets of Anil and Sharmila as well to unearth the facts," Yanamala demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city