TDP welcomes arrest of Janardhan Reddy
Hyderabad: Welcoming the arrest of Janardhan
Reddy, TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu Monday said the former Karnataka minister could carry out his "illegal activities" only because of the "indifference" of the state and Central
"Hundreds of crores of public money was looted by the
mining mafia only because of the apathy of the governments
despite the Supreme Court and the Karnataka Lokayukta
censuring them on illegal mining. The TDP has been fighting relentlessly against illegal mining activity and will continue it," Chandrababu told reporters.
Telugu Desam Parliamentary Party leader Nama Nageswara Rao demanded the government confiscate all properties of
TDP MLA and spokesman Payyavula Kesav said Janardhan`s
arrest was a result of their fight against the mining mafia.
"The arrest was belated but welcome. It should serve as a
lesson to those who amass wealth illegally," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living