TDP welcomes arrest of Janardhan Reddy
Hyderabad: Welcoming the arrest of Janardhan
Reddy, TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu Monday said the former Karnataka minister could carry out his "illegal activities" only because of the "indifference" of the state and Central
"Hundreds of crores of public money was looted by the
mining mafia only because of the apathy of the governments
despite the Supreme Court and the Karnataka Lokayukta
censuring them on illegal mining. The TDP has been fighting relentlessly against illegal mining activity and will continue it," Chandrababu told reporters.
Telugu Desam Parliamentary Party leader Nama Nageswara Rao demanded the government confiscate all properties of
TDP MLA and spokesman Payyavula Kesav said Janardhan`s
arrest was a result of their fight against the mining mafia.
"The arrest was belated but welcome. It should serve as a
lesson to those who amass wealth illegally," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka