TDP will come to power in both states: Naidu
Hyderabad: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu has exuded confidence that the party would come to power in both the states being formed with the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Claiming that both Telangana and Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra) developed during Telugu Desam Party`s rule, he said it was alone capable of bringing unity among Telugu-speaking people of the two states.
The former chief minister was addressing a meeting of TDP leaders at the party headquarters here Saturday.
"It was TDP which brought recognition to Telugus and gave them self-respect. It will again work for their unity," he said.
Clarifying that TDP never opposed separate Telangana state, he said it only raised its voice for equal justice to both the regions. "TDP is the only party which never went back on its stand," he said.
Naidu dismissed the claims by other parties that Telangana leaders would desert TDP. He pointed out that Telangana always stood by TDP as it was during its rule that the region was developed and weaker sections became politically empowered.
Naidu, who hails from Rayalaseema, alleged that other parties whipped up regional feelings for their narrow ends. He said he had given freedom to party leaders to act as per the aspirations of people of their respective regions.
Naidu said it would have been better if the Congress and the BJP had resolved the issue in an amicable manner. He accused the Congress of hatching a conspiracy to damage TDP by using Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) in Telangana and YSR Congress in Seemandhra.
The TDP president recalled that it was TDP which ended the monopoly of Congress not just in the state but also provided an alternative at the national level. He was confident that the party would again play a historic role at the centre.
Naidu said it was under TDP that Hyderabad witnessed tremendous development since 1994. "We put Hyderabad on the world IT map, provided jobs to lakhs of people, built world-class outer ring road and airport," he said and wanted to know what Congress, TRS and other parties did for Hyderabad`s development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan