`TDP will take initiative in forging Third Front`
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam president N Chandrababu Naidu has said a "Third Front" would form the next government at the Centre and his party would play a decisive role in that.
"The Congress-led UPA is down and on the way out. The NDA is in no position to pick up. A third alternative (front) will emerge at the Centre and form the next government," Chandrababu said, delivering the inaugural address at the TDP?s annual conclave Mahanadu at Telugu Vijayam at Gandipet near here this afternoon.
The TDP played a key role in the formation of three out of four non-Congress governments at the Centre so far.
"History will repeat and the TDP will get to play the king-maker?s role once again next year. We will take the initiative in forging the Third Front," he added.
Criticising Congress, the TDP chief said the UPA government was stuck deep in numerous scandals.
"This is such a weak government that even our neighbours are getting aggressive against us. It has failed to ensure law and order in the country. Terrorist strikes have become a common feature while there is no security to women," Chandrababu said.
The Congress-led government at the Centre and in the state were the most "inept and corrupt" governments, he added.
Dubbing the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh as a "train of thieves", the former Chief Minister said only the driver (CM) has changed but not the others on-board.
"It was only because of the relentless pressure exerted by the TDP that two of the `tainted ministers (facing charges in the illegal assets case of Y S Jaganmohan Reddy) were finally dropped from the Kiran Kumar Reddy Cabinet.
"But there are more tainted ministers in the Cabinet and we will fight uncompromisingly till we see their back," Chandrababu asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day