TDP will win most seats in AP by-elections: Naidu
Rajahmundry (AP): The TDP will win majority of the seats in the ensuing bye-elections in Andhra Pradesh on June 12, party President N Chandrababu Naidu said here Monday.
Speaking to reporters at the Madhurapudi airport here, Naidu said the Telugu Desam Party will bag maximum seats in the bye-elections to 18 assembly segments and one Lok Sabha constituency, Nellore.
Naidu was here to campaign for his candidate and former minister Chikkala Ramachandra Rao in Ramachandapuram constituency in East Godavari district.
He said crime and corruption were rampant in the state and its time to wipe them off.
He alleged that YSR Congress chief and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy has a history of crime and corruption.
"To surpass all these the TDP should come to power," Naidu said.
He said the UPA government at the Centre and the Congress government in the state failed in all fronts.
"All sincere and innocent IAS officers are misused by late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and now they facing serious charges," he said.
The Congress rule in the state has pulled it 20 years back, and there was a need to create awareness among the public about the misrule, Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- It's official! Besides Punjab, AAP to contest elections in Goa as well, confirms Arvind Kejriwal
- NEET ordinance: Union Health Minister JP Nadda to meet President on Monday
- Will meet Trump despite his dangerous views on Muslims: Cameron
- Sambhavna Seth ready to walk down the aisle! - Pics inside
- Rajnath Singh mourns killing of jawans in Manipur, says MHA monitoring situation