TDP workers, students hold rally against AP bifurcation
Kakinada: A large number of Telugu Desam workers and students protested against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh by taking out a rally through the main streets of the town and forming human chain.
During the protest held yesterday, they also burnt the effigy of Congress president Sonia Gandhi for the alleged "vicious plan" to bifurcate the state to satisfy a handful of politicians from Telangana region.
The demonstrators vowed to continue the stir in support of a unified state till the Telangana Bill was not withdrawn.
TDP leaders including former minister Chikkala Ramachandrarao, ex-MLA Vanamadi Venkateswerarao and others addressed the demonstrators.
The vehicular traffic on the main city road was paralysed for sometime because of the protest rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users