TDP workers, students hold rally against AP bifurcation
Kakinada: A large number of Telugu Desam workers and students protested against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh by taking out a rally through the main streets of the town and forming human chain.
During the protest held yesterday, they also burnt the effigy of Congress president Sonia Gandhi for the alleged "vicious plan" to bifurcate the state to satisfy a handful of politicians from Telangana region.
The demonstrators vowed to continue the stir in support of a unified state till the Telangana Bill was not withdrawn.
TDP leaders including former minister Chikkala Ramachandrarao, ex-MLA Vanamadi Venkateswerarao and others addressed the demonstrators.
The vehicular traffic on the main city road was paralysed for sometime because of the protest rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it