TDP workers, students hold rally against AP bifurcation
Kakinada: A large number of Telugu Desam workers and students protested against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh by taking out a rally through the main streets of the town and forming human chain.
During the protest held yesterday, they also burnt the effigy of Congress president Sonia Gandhi for the alleged "vicious plan" to bifurcate the state to satisfy a handful of politicians from Telangana region.
The demonstrators vowed to continue the stir in support of a unified state till the Telangana Bill was not withdrawn.
TDP leaders including former minister Chikkala Ramachandrarao, ex-MLA Vanamadi Venkateswerarao and others addressed the demonstrators.
The vehicular traffic on the main city road was paralysed for sometime because of the protest rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video