TDP workers, students hold rally against AP bifurcation
Kakinada: A large number of Telugu Desam workers and students protested against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh by taking out a rally through the main streets of the town and forming human chain.
During the protest held yesterday, they also burnt the effigy of Congress president Sonia Gandhi for the alleged "vicious plan" to bifurcate the state to satisfy a handful of politicians from Telangana region.
The demonstrators vowed to continue the stir in support of a unified state till the Telangana Bill was not withdrawn.
TDP leaders including former minister Chikkala Ramachandrarao, ex-MLA Vanamadi Venkateswerarao and others addressed the demonstrators.
The vehicular traffic on the main city road was paralysed for sometime because of the protest rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian hacker uncovers Vine's source code, rewarded $10,080 by Twitter!
- Maharashtra to have panel on code of conduct for legislator
- Shiv Sena 'rotted' during 25 years of alliance with BJP: Uddhav Thackeray
- Feel sorry for using pellet guns against Kashmiri youth but have no other option: CRPF chief
- Hearing test may identify infants with autism risk