TDP workers, students hold rally against AP bifurcation
Kakinada: A large number of Telugu Desam workers and students protested against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh by taking out a rally through the main streets of the town and forming human chain.
During the protest held yesterday, they also burnt the effigy of Congress president Sonia Gandhi for the alleged "vicious plan" to bifurcate the state to satisfy a handful of politicians from Telangana region.
The demonstrators vowed to continue the stir in support of a unified state till the Telangana Bill was not withdrawn.
TDP leaders including former minister Chikkala Ramachandrarao, ex-MLA Vanamadi Venkateswerarao and others addressed the demonstrators.
The vehicular traffic on the main city road was paralysed for sometime because of the protest rally.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016 declared: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results available at mbse.edu.in
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever