TDP`s allegations politically motivated: Botsa
Hyderabad: Refuting main Opposition TDPs` allegations of his involvement in irregularities in liquor business, Andhra Pradesh Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana on Friday said the charges were only "politically motivated".
"If my guilt is proved anywhere, I will bow my head in
shame. I am not like them (TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu) to
obtain stay from courts on proceedings," he told reporters
Satyanarayana was responding to Naidu`s comments that he
was involved in the alleged irregularities in liquor business
in the state.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of the state government
has recently conducted raids on the liquor syndicates in the
The objective of the raids were to check charging of
exorbitant rates by liquor shops and alleged payment of
`mamool` (routine payment of bribes) to public servants and
others by liquor syndicates.
Congress is ready to face electorate in the Assembly
constituencies, where bypolls are slated to be held, the
state party president said.
The by-elections are scheduled to be held in seven
segments, where most of the sitting MLAs have resigned in
support of separate Telangana cause.
The Congress has sought disqualification of 16 other
MLAs, loyal to Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, who voted
against the government during the recent vote of confidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics