`TDP`s Seemandhra MLAs would oppose Telangana bill`
Vijayawada: TDP MLA, D Umamaheswara Rao, on Thursday said his party`s legislators from Seemandhra would stall the proceedings in the Legislative Assembly over the draft Telangana Bill.
The Winter Session of the Assembly resumes tomorrow and the draft bill is on the agenda.
Rao told reporters here today that the TDP`s Seemandhra legislators are committed to protect the interests of the people of the two regions, and they would not allow division of the state.
He alleged that the Union Government finalised the draft bill without any groundwork and the Bill has many loopholes.
"It cannot be accepted by any of the TDP`s Seemandhra legislators," he said while announcing his party`s support for the bandh called by APNGOs tomorrow against the Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players