Teacher beaten up for molestation in AP, handed over to cops
Visakhapatnam: A teacher of a private school was on Saturday beaten up for allegedly molesting a student and was later handed over to police.
According to the complaint, A Bhaskar Rao (33), a teacher of mathematics at a private school in Kancharapalem area had been misbehaving with a class IX girl for the past few weeks.
Though the girl complained to the principal of the school, the authorities did not take any action against him.
The victim then narrated the incident to her parents, after which the local residents caught hold of the teacher and thrashed him up severely.
He was later handed over to police and a formal complaint was lodged against him by the girl`s mother.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (North) CM Naidu said that the accused has been booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and section 354 (A) (sexual harassment) of the IPC.
Police said that they have taken the accused into the custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state