Teacher beaten up for molestation in AP, handed over to cops
Visakhapatnam: A teacher of a private school was on Saturday beaten up for allegedly molesting a student and was later handed over to police.
According to the complaint, A Bhaskar Rao (33), a teacher of mathematics at a private school in Kancharapalem area had been misbehaving with a class IX girl for the past few weeks.
Though the girl complained to the principal of the school, the authorities did not take any action against him.
The victim then narrated the incident to her parents, after which the local residents caught hold of the teacher and thrashed him up severely.
He was later handed over to police and a formal complaint was lodged against him by the girl`s mother.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (North) CM Naidu said that the accused has been booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and section 354 (A) (sexual harassment) of the IPC.
Police said that they have taken the accused into the custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!