Teacher beaten up for molestation in AP, handed over to cops
Visakhapatnam: A teacher of a private school was on Saturday beaten up for allegedly molesting a student and was later handed over to police.
According to the complaint, A Bhaskar Rao (33), a teacher of mathematics at a private school in Kancharapalem area had been misbehaving with a class IX girl for the past few weeks.
Though the girl complained to the principal of the school, the authorities did not take any action against him.
The victim then narrated the incident to her parents, after which the local residents caught hold of the teacher and thrashed him up severely.
He was later handed over to police and a formal complaint was lodged against him by the girl`s mother.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (North) CM Naidu said that the accused has been booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and section 354 (A) (sexual harassment) of the IPC.
Police said that they have taken the accused into the custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader