Teacher beaten up for molestation in AP, handed over to cops
Visakhapatnam: A teacher of a private school was on Saturday beaten up for allegedly molesting a student and was later handed over to police.
According to the complaint, A Bhaskar Rao (33), a teacher of mathematics at a private school in Kancharapalem area had been misbehaving with a class IX girl for the past few weeks.
Though the girl complained to the principal of the school, the authorities did not take any action against him.
The victim then narrated the incident to her parents, after which the local residents caught hold of the teacher and thrashed him up severely.
He was later handed over to police and a formal complaint was lodged against him by the girl`s mother.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (North) CM Naidu said that the accused has been booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and section 354 (A) (sexual harassment) of the IPC.
Police said that they have taken the accused into the custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report