‘Team Anna working to destabilize Indian politics’
Hyderabad: After V Narayanasamy, another Union Minister Vayalar Ravi on Sunday attacked Team Anna, saying the anti-corruption group is "not that innocent" and alleged its activists could be acting in a "conspiracy" to destabilize Indian politics.
"The group of Anna Hazare, the so-called crusader against corruption, they are making all kinds of wild statements against the Prime Minister which they could not substantiate, which they could not do anything.
We suspect and I suspect that Anna and his people are not that innocent and every one of them go to the Magsaysay award which has been funded by the American foundations," Ravi told reporters here.
Referring to certain allegations against Anna’s team members like Kiran Bedi and Arvind Kejriwal, Ravi claimed that none of them can claim to be honest.
Ravi also asked what were the contributions by Anna Hazare, Bedi and Kejriwal for getting the Ramon Magsaysay award.
"How the three persons Anna Hazare, Kiran Bedi and this Kejriwal all three got this award.
What is their contribution? What is their contribution to get a prestigious international award or the Magsaysay award, what is the purpose? So, it all kind of a, I suspect there is a conspiracy to destabilize Indian politics," he said.
Asked whose conspiracy it was, Ravi said: "Those who do not want India to progress, march ahead. There are interested persons.
"This kind of international award comes to them on what basis? What purpose? It is not that simple.
"Yesterday Narayanasamy rightly pointed out , I repeat what Narayanasamy, my colleague said. He said they collected huge amount," he said.
Launching a vitriolic attack on Team Anna, Union Minister V Narayanasamy yesterday charged that Hazare was surrounded by "anti-national elements" and those supported by "foreign forces".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa