Techie arrested for creating vulgar profile of girl
Hyderabad: A software engineer was arrested
here for allegedly creating a fictitious profile of a girl
with vulgar content on social networking sites after the
girl`s parents rejected his marriage proposal to their
daughter, Cyber Crimes Police said Saturday.
Shiva Shankar Madisetty, a resident of Ramanthapur
here and working as a software engineer at a MNC software firm
in Bangalore, was arrested yesterday, a senior police officer
Madisetty`s parents, who were looking for a match for
their son, came across the victim`s profile at a marriage
They asked for the girl`s hand for their son but due to
personal reasons the girl`s parents rejected it, police said.
Apparently dejected over it, Madisetty wanted to harass
the girl, CID Superintendent of Police B Sumathi told a press
After collecting details (including cell phone number)
of the girl through social networking sites, Madisetty created
a fictitious profile of the girl with her photo and added
vulgar content, the police officer said.
The woman started getting phone calls based on the false
profile after which she complained to Cyber Crimes Police.
"The phone calls caused the victim and her family members
deep mental agony," Sumathi said.
During the course of investigation, the IP address was
traced to Madisetty, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic