Techie arrested for creating vulgar profile of girl
Hyderabad: A software engineer was arrested
here for allegedly creating a fictitious profile of a girl
with vulgar content on social networking sites after the
girl`s parents rejected his marriage proposal to their
daughter, Cyber Crimes Police said Saturday.
Shiva Shankar Madisetty, a resident of Ramanthapur
here and working as a software engineer at a MNC software firm
in Bangalore, was arrested yesterday, a senior police officer
Madisetty`s parents, who were looking for a match for
their son, came across the victim`s profile at a marriage
They asked for the girl`s hand for their son but due to
personal reasons the girl`s parents rejected it, police said.
Apparently dejected over it, Madisetty wanted to harass
the girl, CID Superintendent of Police B Sumathi told a press
After collecting details (including cell phone number)
of the girl through social networking sites, Madisetty created
a fictitious profile of the girl with her photo and added
vulgar content, the police officer said.
The woman started getting phone calls based on the false
profile after which she complained to Cyber Crimes Police.
"The phone calls caused the victim and her family members
deep mental agony," Sumathi said.
During the course of investigation, the IP address was
traced to Madisetty, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore