Techie arrested for creating vulgar profile of girl
Hyderabad: A software engineer was arrested
here for allegedly creating a fictitious profile of a girl
with vulgar content on social networking sites after the
girl`s parents rejected his marriage proposal to their
daughter, Cyber Crimes Police said Saturday.
Shiva Shankar Madisetty, a resident of Ramanthapur
here and working as a software engineer at a MNC software firm
in Bangalore, was arrested yesterday, a senior police officer
Madisetty`s parents, who were looking for a match for
their son, came across the victim`s profile at a marriage
They asked for the girl`s hand for their son but due to
personal reasons the girl`s parents rejected it, police said.
Apparently dejected over it, Madisetty wanted to harass
the girl, CID Superintendent of Police B Sumathi told a press
After collecting details (including cell phone number)
of the girl through social networking sites, Madisetty created
a fictitious profile of the girl with her photo and added
vulgar content, the police officer said.
The woman started getting phone calls based on the false
profile after which she complained to Cyber Crimes Police.
"The phone calls caused the victim and her family members
deep mental agony," Sumathi said.
During the course of investigation, the IP address was
traced to Madisetty, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured