Techie held for harassing woman by fake FB posts
Hyderabad: A software professional, who allegedly created a fake Facebook account of a married woman and posted obscene information and morphed images in order to defame and spoil her matrimonial life, was arrested from Karimnagar district, police said on Wednesday.
Rampally Ravi, a 23-year-old IT professional who is also pursuing M Tech, was arrested on Tuesday by sleuths of Cyber Crime police station attached to Crime Investigation Department (CID), they said.
On interrogation, Ravi confessed that he was in love with the victim and when she was getting married, he pressurised her not to marry, but she went ahead to tie the knot, CID Additional Director General of Police T Krishna Prasad said.
"Later, Ravi pressurised and blackmailed her to have an affair with him even after the marriage following which the victim made him apologise in front of elders, which angered him," the senior police officer said.
After this incident, Ravi hatched a plan to spoil her matrimonial life by creating a fake Facebook profile and sent obscene content to victim`s husband and her friends in order to harass and defame her, the CID officer said.
Ravi, being an IT professional, came to his friend`s house in Hyderabad, used his computer and internet connectivity for committing the offence and also cheated his friend.
The victim had last year lodged a complaint with Cyber Crime police station in CID after which a case was registered under relevant sections of IT Act and various other sections of IPC.
A hard disk, memory card and other incriminating documents used for committing the offence were seized from the possession of Ravi and he was sent in judicial remand, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America