Techie held for harassing woman by fake FB posts
Hyderabad: A software professional, who allegedly created a fake Facebook account of a married woman and posted obscene information and morphed images in order to defame and spoil her matrimonial life, was arrested from Karimnagar district, police said on Wednesday.
Rampally Ravi, a 23-year-old IT professional who is also pursuing M Tech, was arrested on Tuesday by sleuths of Cyber Crime police station attached to Crime Investigation Department (CID), they said.
On interrogation, Ravi confessed that he was in love with the victim and when she was getting married, he pressurised her not to marry, but she went ahead to tie the knot, CID Additional Director General of Police T Krishna Prasad said.
"Later, Ravi pressurised and blackmailed her to have an affair with him even after the marriage following which the victim made him apologise in front of elders, which angered him," the senior police officer said.
After this incident, Ravi hatched a plan to spoil her matrimonial life by creating a fake Facebook profile and sent obscene content to victim`s husband and her friends in order to harass and defame her, the CID officer said.
Ravi, being an IT professional, came to his friend`s house in Hyderabad, used his computer and internet connectivity for committing the offence and also cheated his friend.
The victim had last year lodged a complaint with Cyber Crime police station in CID after which a case was registered under relevant sections of IT Act and various other sections of IPC.
A hard disk, memory card and other incriminating documents used for committing the offence were seized from the possession of Ravi and he was sent in judicial remand, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list