Techie kills wife, mother-in-law in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A software engineer murdered his wife and mother-in-law for allegedly harassing him and later surrendered before police.
The double murder took place at a house under Monda Market police station limits in Secunderabad, the twin city of Hyderabad, late Wednesday night.
Accused Sarvanand, 37, and his uncle surrendered before the police in the early hours of Thursday and confessed to the crime, a police official said.
According to police, Sarvanand with the help of his uncle hacked Padmapriya and her mother Parmeswari to death.
Sarvanand, working in an information technology company here, had married Padmapriya, a native of Bangalore, in 2011. He later learnt that she was earlier married in 2007 and was divorced from her first husband.
Sarvanand and Padmapriya had filed some cases against each other in Bangalore courts. She along with her mother was living in his house following a court order. The accused claimed that they were harassing him and unable to take this any further, he killed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB