Teen arrested for making threat calls to KCR, AP minister
Hyderabad: A teenager was on Friday arrested on charges of making threatening calls to TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao and Andhra Pradesh Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy, police said.
The 17-year-old, an Intermediate student of Nellore district, was arrested by the state police from Bangalore and brought to Hyderabad in this connection.
According to police, apart from KCR and Reddy, he is also accused of making threatening calls to several women.
"The Nellore police had booked a case with regard to threatening calls made to the Finance Minister recently while the Banjara Hills police here had filed a case for threat calls made to the TRS President," Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told.
The juvenile, who seems to be in habit of making threatening calls allegedly said that the Finance Minister and the TRS chief will be finished off. He was traced through the phone call data to Bangalore, the police officer said.
The TRS on August 12 had said KCR had received a letter warning that he would be shot dead in 10 days and in this regard the police have collected the teenager`s specimen hand-writing and experts will examine it with the warning letter, the DCP said.
The teenager has been sent to juvenile home and further investigations are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step