Teenage girl dies, another serious at AP school hostel
Srikakulam: A 14-year-old inmate of a private hostel at Palakonda in Andhra Pradesh died of "unknown reasons" while another girl has been hospitalised in serious condition, police said on Tuesday.
According to the district authorities the hostel was run "illegally" and a notice has been issued to the management for violation of rules.
While Kanakala Sirisha, a class 10 student of Navodaya Model School at Palakonda, died at the government hospital last night, 13-year-old Dora Umasri Vani was being admitted to Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) at Srikakulam in serious condition, they said.
Sirisha belongs to Talada village in the district while Vani hails from Labhara village.
Police said a hostel warden told them that the girls were admitted to the government hospital last night after they complained of "abdominal pains" and were having "high fever".
According to police, Sirisha died at around 10.30 PM, while Vani was rushed to KIMS in serious condition.
Police said the management handed over Sirisha`s body to her parents neither informing them nor the hospital authorities.
On receipt of information, divisional revenue officer (Palakonda) and sub-divisional police officer (SDPO) visited the hospital at Palakonda.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, police said.
Meanwhile, the school management refused to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam