Teenage girl dies, another serious at AP school hostel
Srikakulam: A 14-year-old inmate of a private hostel at Palakonda in Andhra Pradesh died of "unknown reasons" while another girl has been hospitalised in serious condition, police said on Tuesday.
According to the district authorities the hostel was run "illegally" and a notice has been issued to the management for violation of rules.
While Kanakala Sirisha, a class 10 student of Navodaya Model School at Palakonda, died at the government hospital last night, 13-year-old Dora Umasri Vani was being admitted to Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) at Srikakulam in serious condition, they said.
Sirisha belongs to Talada village in the district while Vani hails from Labhara village.
Police said a hostel warden told them that the girls were admitted to the government hospital last night after they complained of "abdominal pains" and were having "high fever".
According to police, Sirisha died at around 10.30 PM, while Vani was rushed to KIMS in serious condition.
Police said the management handed over Sirisha`s body to her parents neither informing them nor the hospital authorities.
On receipt of information, divisional revenue officer (Palakonda) and sub-divisional police officer (SDPO) visited the hospital at Palakonda.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, police said.
Meanwhile, the school management refused to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi