Teenage rape victim commits suicide in AP
Hyderabad: An 18-year-old `rape` victim allegedly committed suicide by jumping in a dry well at Kohir village in Medak district today, police said.
The teenager was discharged from a hospital in Zaheerabad town after being admitted there for a medical check-up due to the alleged rape, they said.
Upon reaching her house in Kohir, she told her mother that she was going out and allegedly jumped into the dry well, Kohir Sub-Inspector Mohammed Ghouse said.
"The victim might have resorted to the extreme step as she seemed to have been under depression following the incident," he said, adding that her body was removed from the spot and sent for post-mortem.
Zaheerabad police yesterday arrested one K Sekhar for allegedly raping the girl after taking her to his house under the pretext of providing her shelter. The teenager had left her home due to a quarrel with her mother.
Meanwhile, Kohir police today added Section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the Indian Penal Code in connection with the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed