Teenage rape victim commits suicide in AP
Hyderabad: An 18-year-old `rape` victim allegedly committed suicide by jumping in a dry well at Kohir village in Medak district today, police said.
The teenager was discharged from a hospital in Zaheerabad town after being admitted there for a medical check-up due to the alleged rape, they said.
Upon reaching her house in Kohir, she told her mother that she was going out and allegedly jumped into the dry well, Kohir Sub-Inspector Mohammed Ghouse said.
"The victim might have resorted to the extreme step as she seemed to have been under depression following the incident," he said, adding that her body was removed from the spot and sent for post-mortem.
Zaheerabad police yesterday arrested one K Sekhar for allegedly raping the girl after taking her to his house under the pretext of providing her shelter. The teenager had left her home due to a quarrel with her mother.
Meanwhile, Kohir police today added Section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the Indian Penal Code in connection with the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof