Teenage rape victim commits suicide in AP
Hyderabad: An 18-year-old `rape` victim allegedly committed suicide by jumping in a dry well at Kohir village in Medak district today, police said.
The teenager was discharged from a hospital in Zaheerabad town after being admitted there for a medical check-up due to the alleged rape, they said.
Upon reaching her house in Kohir, she told her mother that she was going out and allegedly jumped into the dry well, Kohir Sub-Inspector Mohammed Ghouse said.
"The victim might have resorted to the extreme step as she seemed to have been under depression following the incident," he said, adding that her body was removed from the spot and sent for post-mortem.
Zaheerabad police yesterday arrested one K Sekhar for allegedly raping the girl after taking her to his house under the pretext of providing her shelter. The teenager had left her home due to a quarrel with her mother.
Meanwhile, Kohir police today added Section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the Indian Penal Code in connection with the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you