Teenage rape victim commits suicide in AP
Hyderabad: An 18-year-old `rape` victim allegedly committed suicide by jumping in a dry well at Kohir village in Medak district today, police said.
The teenager was discharged from a hospital in Zaheerabad town after being admitted there for a medical check-up due to the alleged rape, they said.
Upon reaching her house in Kohir, she told her mother that she was going out and allegedly jumped into the dry well, Kohir Sub-Inspector Mohammed Ghouse said.
"The victim might have resorted to the extreme step as she seemed to have been under depression following the incident," he said, adding that her body was removed from the spot and sent for post-mortem.
Zaheerabad police yesterday arrested one K Sekhar for allegedly raping the girl after taking her to his house under the pretext of providing her shelter. The teenager had left her home due to a quarrel with her mother.
Meanwhile, Kohir police today added Section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the Indian Penal Code in connection with the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Centre asks states to remove taxes on pulses and edible oils
- Central security agencies ask Delhi Police to remain alert against terror attacks
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Talk to 'voices of dissent' in Kashmir, CPI-M tells Rajnath Singh
- BSF constable stabs colleague, flees with LMG, over 10 magazines in Jammu