Teenage rape victim commits suicide in AP
Hyderabad: An 18-year-old `rape` victim allegedly committed suicide by jumping in a dry well at Kohir village in Medak district today, police said.
The teenager was discharged from a hospital in Zaheerabad town after being admitted there for a medical check-up due to the alleged rape, they said.
Upon reaching her house in Kohir, she told her mother that she was going out and allegedly jumped into the dry well, Kohir Sub-Inspector Mohammed Ghouse said.
"The victim might have resorted to the extreme step as she seemed to have been under depression following the incident," he said, adding that her body was removed from the spot and sent for post-mortem.
Zaheerabad police yesterday arrested one K Sekhar for allegedly raping the girl after taking her to his house under the pretext of providing her shelter. The teenager had left her home due to a quarrel with her mother.
Meanwhile, Kohir police today added Section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the Indian Penal Code in connection with the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen
- Severe obesity alone can increase heart failure risk
- Fertilizer factory tank leaks, 35 ill in Bangladesh
- Pace of new bad loan formation has decelerated: RBI