Teenager slits taxi driver`s throat in AP
Hyderabad: A 13-year-old boy allegedly slashed the throat of a taxi-driver in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The boy, a sixth-standard student, hired a taxi on April 13 in Gudur town towards Molakondla village of Nellore and sat on the front seat. After travelling some distance, the boy took out a blade and slit the throat of car driver Karimullah, they said.
The condition of the car driver is stable, police said.
"After the incident, the driver stopped the car even as the boy got out and tried to run away, though he was caught by some locals. During enquiry, the boy revealed that he cut the throat of the driver after being "influenced" by seeing a Telugu movie, the previous night," a police official said.
The boy, whose parents have been living separately for the past 10 years, seemed to do some sensational act, Saidapuram Inspector Hema Reddy said adding Saidapuram police booked a case under section 324 (voluntarily causing hurt) of IPC and sent the boy to a juvenile home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'